For the usage of the website knowlance.com as well as for contracts concluded via this website and with
the Knowlance AG, Gyreggstrasse 4, 6315 Oberägeri, Switzerland (hereinafter referred to as „we“ or „provider“)
or other websites and services operated by us.
Personal data is only collected to the technically necessary extent to process your order or to keep you updated on news if you subscribed to our newsletter. Under no circumstance will the data be sold or handed to third parties outside the client-provider-relationship for any other reason.
The subsequent declaration provides an overview about how this protection is ensured, which kind of data and for which purpose data are collected when using the website, and which data and for which purpose data are made available to third parties (specifically members and contracting parties).
§ 1 Collection and processing of your data
(1) You can visit our website without giving personal information. Here, we only store access data within so-called Server Log Files. These are data which are provided by your browser and are not related to you as an individual, such as:
• type and version of the browser
• operating system used
• referrer URL (the site visited before)
• hostname of the computer (IP address)
• time of server inquiry
We cannot allocate these data to individual users. These data are not connected with other data sources. Additionally, the data are deleted after statistical evaluation.
(2) If you send us your inquiry, sign up for our newsletter or wish to use specific functions of our website, personal data is collected. You will find detailed information about the kind and extent of the data collection on each respective site. Without your separate consent, we exclusively use your data to handle the contractual relationship with you as a user of our website. The extent of this contractual relationship is explained in our terms and conditions.
(3) Your data is processed on servers located in Switzerland.
(4) According to the aforementioned explanations, you remain anonymous when using our website and only the data you stated are displayed to other users. Your email-address and password are not handed to third parties as long as you do not voluntarily provide these and other personal data.
(5) We also process your data for statistical use. We log accesses to our site and use analyzing software on our servers. Your personal data is not used in this way nor can we conclude from statistical data to personal data.
On our websites plug-ins of the social network Facebook, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA are integrated. You recognize these plug-ins by the Facebook-logo or the Like-Button on our site. For an overview of Facebook plug-ins, please see here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/. If you visit our websites, a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server is established by this plug-in. By that Facebook receives information that you have visited our websites with your IP-address. If you click the Facebook-Like-button while you are logged on to your Facebook account you may link the contents of our websites to your Facebook account. Thereby Facebook can associate your visit of our websites to your Facebook account.
This website uses Google Analytics, a website analysis service by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called”cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer to analyze your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) is sent to and stored at a Google server in the U.S.A. If the IP-anonymization is activated on this website, your IP-address will be shortened priory within the member states of the European Union or other contractual states of the Treaty on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases your complete IP-address will be transmitted to a server in the U.S.A. and shortened there. Commissioned by the operators of this website,
Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities for website operators and to provide other services related to website and internet activities. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You may prevent the installation of cookies by adjusting the settings of your browser; however, if you do so, you may be unable to use all features of this website. Further, you may prevent the collection of data generated by cookies and related to the use of this websites by downloading and installing the the plug-in under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
This website uses Google AdSense, a Google Inc. service to embed commercial information. Google Adsense uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer to analyse the use of the website. Further, Google AdSense uses so-called web beacons(invisible images). These web beacons help to process information, such as visitor traffic on this website.
The information generated by cookies and web beacons about your use of this website (including your IP address) is sent to and stored at a Google server in the U.S.A. Google may also transfer this information to their contractual partners. However, Google will not associate your IP address with any other data stored at Google’s. You may prevent the installation of cookies by adjusting the settings of your browser; however, if you do so, you may be unable to use all features of this website. By using this website you agree to the processing of the collected information by Google, according to the above mentioned purpose.
Collection and transmission of Information:
By using the Google +1 button you may publish information worldwide. Via the Google +1 button you and other users receive personal-related contents from Google and our partners. Google stores the information that you have voted +1 for contents as well as information about the website that you were visiting as you clicked the +1 button. Your +1 votes may be published or displayed as notices together with your profile name and your picture at Google services, such as search results, your Google profile or at other places on websites.
Google records information about your +1 activities in order to improve the Google services for you and others. To be able to use the Google +1 button you need a globally visible, public Google profile which must contain at least the user name chosen for this profile. This name will be used for all Google services. In some cases this name may be replaced by another name which you used when sharing contents via your Google account. The ID of your Google account can be displayed to users who know your e-mail address or possess any other information identifying you.
Use of collected information:
Besides the above mentioned designated purposes, the details provided by you are treated according to current Google data protection regulations. Google may publish summarized statistics about +1 activities of users or pass those statistics on to users and contractual partners like publishers, advertisers or linked websites, respectively.
On our websites functions of the service Youtube.de/Youtube.com. This service is provided by Google Inc. – through the Youtube, LLC, Cherry Ave., USA. If you use a website with such plugins, a connection tot he Youtube-servers is established. By this means the Youtube-Servers get the information you visited our website. If you are logged in at YouTube at that time, Youtube will automatically assign these information to you personal User-account. In case of using this plugin, those activities are asssigned to your account. If you want to avert this, you will have to log out from Youtube before using the plugin. Information to usage and collection of the data via Youtube or Google you find on www.youtube.com
(11) We furthermore participate in affiliate programs. Within this program, the provider of the affiliate program saves data if you clicked on a sponsored link of our site or bought a product or service from one of our partners. There is no further use or passing on of your data, unless you approve of respective use of your personal data on one of our partner-sites. Please also read the terms and conditions and data protection declarations of the other providers.
§ 2 Use and transfer of your data
(1) We only use the data given within the scope of our website and to the respective purpose intended by the date. In case your data is transferred to other companies, e.g. to database developers or service providers, these companies may only use your data to complete the contractual relationship between you and us.
(2) Data other than the data you provided for publication, especially such data you provided for processing your inquiry internally (such as your email-address), are only transferred to third parties upon a respective legal obligation or in order to observe legitimate interest.
(3) We are entitled to provide your data to service provider or databases necessary for the use of our website.
(4) We reserve the right to – with your consent – send you news regarding our service to the data provided by you, as long as you do not opt out.
(5) Due to legal regulations it can be the case that we are obliged to store your data after the termination of your membership. Such storage exceeding your membership will always be carried out to the extent necessary and under consideration of the legal clauses.
(2) The cookies we use are deleted as soon as you end your browser-session (so-called session-ID cookies). A new cookie will be generated upon your next visit.
(3) Our partner companies are not at allowed to collect, process or use personal data from our website via cookies.
(4) You can set your browser to always inform you about established cookies, to decide case by case if you accept the cookies or to generally not accept cookies. In case you generally do not accept cookies, the functionality of our website might be limited. Please see your browser operations manual or contact the manufacturer of the browser to learn the configurations necessary to handle cookies on your computer.
§ 4 Data security
(1) We secure our website and all other systems against loss, destruction, access, editing or forwarding your data through unauthorized persons by high quality technological and organisational means. Access to your client-account is only enabled after entering your personal password.
(2) You should always keep your access-data confidential and close the browser-window upon terminating communication with us, especially if you are sharing the computer with other users.
§ 5 Newsletter
(1) If you wish to receive our newsletter we need your valid email-address as well as information allowing us to check that you are the owner of that email-address, or that the owner approves receiving the newsletter. You provide these information if you accept receiving the newsletter upon registration and if you confirm your acceptance by clicking the confirmation-link in a respective verification-email (so-called “Double Opt-In“). You can also declare your acceptance later by using the “Subscribe to newsletter”-function on our website and following the abovementioned steps. Additional data are not collected. Data will not be transferred to third companies.
(2) You can withdraw your acceptance of storing data, the email-address and the use of this address for sending the newsletter at any time.
§ 6 Right of disclosure of data
You are entitled to the right of gratuitous disclosure of your saved data and the right to correction, barring, or deletion of these data. To do so, please ask our contact person for data protection named our imprint. We have to point out that we only collect such personal or data traffic that was originally provided by you within the scope of using our website.